Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Don't hate the player...

Alright, new topic new blog.

So, I've decided to play with bitcoins.  I know, I know...  *gasp* he wants bitcoins, he must have something dubious in mind.  But no, that's not the case, I want to work it like a day trader.  And the thing that makes actual day trading unrealistic is that I work during the day.  So bitcoin, the market is open 24/7 and you can play it any time.  So even a person with a "day job" can play.

The reality is - I'm an aging man who doesn't like the speed with which his personal worth is growing following the procedure.  What is the procedure?  Oh, you know it.  Wake up, go work, earn a wage, watch as inflation slowly erodes away at it until your buying power is so low and cost of living increases nonexistent that both sides are crushing the middle (me).  I'm so very tired of that.  And so, I'm going to war.

So what have I found out so far as I've tried to get into the game?  There are a lot of hurdles to jump, just to get your foot in the door.  So you REALLY have to want to it.  It may take days or even more than a week to get all your details sorted.  Though you could start faster-ish.  But on the buy method I've come closest to working so far - doing it that way leaves you with a 30 day wait.  And bitcoin changes value at such a pace, 30 days is WAY too long.

So I'm playing the the opening of my game carefully - working out all the details to make my buys and sells as close to real time as possible.  And why is real time is important?  In a word, volatility.  Bitcoin is highly volatile and you must be fast and nimble when it comes to reaction time.  Beating around the bush can either gain you, or lose you a small fortune.

This notion of fast and nimble lead me to do some investigating and I've learned some interesting things.  Like, not all banks are real time.  I fear I'm going to find that mine isn't real time - but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  But if you hope to make money and get it back home so that everything is fast and smooth...  you have to have all the right ducks in a row.

And that's what I mean by, you have to want it.  To be a player and get up to something resembling real time, you have to jump through those hoops.  The authentications, the identification, the payment info and allow for validation time.  As I mentioned, I've been at it for days (5 days at the moment) but I'm not there yet.  So yeah - expect a few more days at least (10 is probably a realistic estimate of how long it will all take.  Possibly more if anything goes wrong).

So if you've ever played real time strategy games (RTS) - this is like building your base.  You have to lay it out correctly for optimal production.  So don't skimp on your build.  Like Starcraft for example - you start with your command center, and then construct the right buildings in sequence to assemble the army you want to build.  Doing it right makes you fast and efficient and improves your economy.  And that's what we're all about here in the House of Bitjamins - improving our economy.

Anyway, until I have more to report....


1 comment:

  1. Hey Everybody,

    Below are the most recommended BITCOIN exchanges (Bitcoin for Currency):
    Coinbase: $1 minimum trade
    CoinMama

    Get free Bitcoins with the best BITCOIN faucet rotator:
    BEST Faucet Rotator

    ReplyDelete